Think your accommodation may be a good fit for Green Getaways?
If you would like to be considered for listing on Green Getaways Australia, we’d love to hear from you!
Just drop us a line via the contact form below and let us know about your environmental initiatives.
Environmental initiatives in accommodation come differ widely, so we are always open to consideration of properties who don’t fit the standard guidelines, but who offer new ideas as green technology advances. Surprise us!
We are looking for high quality, unique accommodation in Australia, with motivated and passionate owners who care about the impact of tourism on the environment.
Most accommodation operators listed on the directory are working towards the following environmental benchmarks:
- Initiatives to improve energy efficiency
- Recycling of waste through separation, appropriate disposal and composting
- Use of sustainable practices in building design
- Use of environmentally friendly products and recyclable packaging
- Carbon reduction initiatives
Question: What sort of environmental initiatives could we be undertaking to be considered for listing?
It is our view that properties are able to show their commitment to environmentally sustainable objectives in a number of different ways. Each property and owner/management is different, according to location and style of accommodation. Examples of some of the things which people are doing include:
- Photovoltiac system
- Solar hot water
- Energy efficient lighting (compact fluorescent and/or LED)
- 100% use of green power
- Off grid
- Rainwater used when possible
- Water conservation and reduction methods employed
- Grey water recycling
- Composting of all green waste
- Recycling of all recyclable waste
- Bulk buying and minimal packaging of products
- Recycling facilities provided for guests
- Use of 100% post consumer paper products
- Use of environmentally friendly cleaning products
- Low VOC emission products used when possible
- Use of FSC certified timbers, recycled or plantation timbers instead of rainforest hardwoods
- Passive solar design incorporating thermal mass, breezeways, shading, solar orientation
- Insulation, double glazing and weather stripping.
A number of properties are able to show their commitment to environmentally sustainable objectives in a number of other ways. These may include such initiatives as:
- Rehabilitation projects
- Tree planting schemes
- Minimum impact trails
- Registration of property on Australia’s national reserve
- Commitment to local wildlife and revegetation groups.
- Organic or biodynamic property.
- electric car recharge station
THE GREEN GETAWAYS TEAM
Responsible travel is important to us. Our commitment to sustainability is who we are, what we do, and is the reason we want to promote responsible travel. And we support accommodation providers that think the same way and who genuinely aim to lessen their social and environmental impact.
This is what makes Green Getaways Australia different from other accommodation booking sites.
The best of green travel in Australia at your fingertips.
Energy and Sustainability Advisor
Founder and Director
Customer Liason and Communications